Here are the instructions on how to download and install the Lineage OS 16 custom ROM based on Android Pie for Zenfone 3. Recently Lineage OS released the official Lineage OS 16 custom firmware which based on Android 9.0 Pie for Zenfone 3. The Lineage OS is the most popular and most used custom ROM in the Android market. Most of the smartphones already getting the official support of Lineage OS. Now the time to one more device is part of the family of official Lineage OS custom ROM. So if you are the users of Zenfone 3, then you can now download and install the Android pie for Zenfone 3 via Lineage OS 16 custom ROM.
The Zenfone 3 was launched in 2016 and the last official update received is Android Nougat. Which means the company stops the official door for this device. There is only one to upgrade your device, which is custom ROM. If you love the custom ROM, then Lineage OS custom ROM is the best custom firmware for your device. The Lineage OS 16 ROM brings all the official features of Android Pie such as Improved Adaptive Brightness, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support and so on. By following our step by step guide you can easily install Lineage OS 16 Android Pie for Zenfone 3.
Lineage OS 16 Custom ROM:
Basically the custom ROM is the modified version of stock ROM which developed by professional developers. The official stock firmware is good but custom ROM gives you some more customizations and brings some aftermarket features. Your device should have an unlocked bootloader and must be installed in the TWRP custom recovery. After installing the Lineage OS 16 ROM, your device speed will be increased, improve battery timing, enhanced system stability and much more. Now to the instructions portion and follow the given steps carefully.
Infinityclub.org is not responsible for bricking/damaging or any kind of problem that occurred to your Android Device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
Pre-Requirements (to install Lineage OS 16):
- Enable USB Debugging on your Android phone. How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- Take a Nandroid backup of all your Phone data
- Download and Install USB Drivers on your PC (USB Drivers)
- The Zenfone 3 should be rooted in the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- The bootloader of your Zenfone 3 must be unlocked
- Make sure that the battery level of the Zenfone 3 is at least 80% before going ahead
Instructions To Install Lineage OS 16 Android 10 for Zenfone 3 Custom ROM:
- First of all, download the Lineage OS 16 ROM from the above link.
- Plug your device to the PC using its USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage.
- Now transfer the Android 10 .zip file to the root folder of your SD card on the phone.
- Now, boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Once your phone is in TWRP recovery, wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Lineage OS 16 Android Pie for Zenfone 3.
- Navigate to install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- Flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button and select the Gapps zip file
- Reboot your Asus Zenfone 3 to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie ROM.
Done! You have successfully upgraded your device to the Android 9.0 Pie OS.