Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 started getting the latest Android 9.0 Pie OS via Lineage OS 16 custom ROM. Now all users can download and install the Android Pie on Galaxy J7 2017. Samsung has launched his budget smartphone in 2017 with great hardware and Android 7.0 Nougat OS. Now its time to upgrade your device to the latest Android 9.0 Pie OS via Lineage OS 16 custom firmware until official stock ROM released. Today in this blog we come with a detailed guide on how to download and install Lineage OS 16 Android 9.0 Pie on Galaxy J7 2017.
Lineage OS is one of the best and most used custom firmware in the Android world. If you are a custom ROM fan than we recommend you flash the latest Lineage OS 16 ROM based on Android 9.0 Pie. The Lineage OS 16 ROM comes with all the official features of Android Pie such as Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, New Quick Settings UI design and much more.
Install Lineage OS 16 Android Pie On Galaxy J7 2017:
To install Lineage OS 16, Android Pie on Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 custom firmware, your device should have unlocked the bootloader. Also, you must have installed the latest TWRP custom recovery on your device. The official stock firmware is good but custom ROM gives you more customization and brings some aftermarket features which is not possible in official firmware. The Lineage OS 16 custom ROM is a stable build and you can use it as a daily driver. If you wish to download and install the Lineage OS 16 Android Pie on Galaxy J7 2017 custom firmware, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
Infinityclub.org will not be held responsible for bricking/damaging or any kind of problem that occurred to your Android Device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Android phone. How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- Take a Nandroid backup of all your Phone data
- Download and Install USB Drivers on your PC (USB Drivers)
- The Galaxy J7 2017 should be rooted in the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- The bootloader of your Galaxy J7 2017 must be unlocked.
- Make sure that the battery level of the Galaxy J7 2017 is at least above 80% before going ahead.
Instructions To Flash Lineage OS 16 Android Pie On Galaxy J7 2017 Custom ROM:
- First of all, download the Lineage OS 16 ROM from the above link.
- Plug your device to the PC using its USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage.
- Now transfer the Android 9.0 Pie .zip file to the root folder of your SD card on the phone.
- Switch the device off. Now turn on the device and simply take a long press and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time to enter into Recovery Mode.
- Now you are in the recovery mode and you can perform wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe Dalvik cache.
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Lineage OS 16 zip file from your SD Card.[How to flash Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Once the installation is completed. From Recovery Menu, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
Done! You have successfully installed the Lineage OS 16 Android Pie custom ROM.