Samsung T-Mobile Galaxy S8 active started receiving the Android 9.0 Pie official update after the long wait. Now users can download and install the Android pie on T-Mobile Galaxy S8 active official update. The most recent update comes with build id number G892USQU5CSG7 along with July 2019 security patch. The update is a stable build and comes with many new features and customizations. Samsung rolling out Android 9.0 Pie update via OTA and currently available in the US region. Here in this article, we come with a simple step by step guide on how to download and install the Android Pie on T-Mobile Galaxy S8 active official update.
The T-Mobile Galaxy S8 active users are expecting the Android 10 OS. Because Android 10 is now officially rolled out the stable version for some devices. Anyway, the Android 9.0 Pie is now officially available for download and ready to install on your device. The weight of the Android Pie update is about 1.7 GB in size. The Android Pie update brings lots of new features such as vertical volume controls, a new pill-shaped icon for navigations, Digital Wellbeing, Enhanced Security Features, refined notifications, New Screenshot Shortcut and much more. Also, the update comes with One UI 1.1 software skin.
Android Pie On T-Mobile Galaxy S8 Active:
Samsung started rolling out the Android 9.0 Pie update via OTA (over-the-air), so all the users can’t get the update at the same time. If you are excited and can’t wait for the OTA update, then still you have an option. You can install it manually by using the Odin tool. Odin is a flashing tool which is officially developed by Samsung. Odin flashing tool allows users to flash official stock firmware on any Samsung devices. So download and install the Android Pie on T-Mobile Galaxy S8 active, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
Infinityclub.org will not be held responsible for bricking/damaging or any kind of problem that occurred to your Android Device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Android phone. How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- Take a Nandroid backup of all your Phone data
- Download and Install USB Drivers on your PC (USB Drivers)
Check for Software Update:
- Connect your device with a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network).
- Navigate to the Android app drawer and tap on Settings.
- Next, locate About Device and tap on it.
- Choose Software Update from About Device.
- Tap on Update option.
- If the update is available then you can see an update, press OK to download and install.
- Once the download completes, your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
Instructions To Install Android Pie On T-Mobile Galaxy S8 Active Using Odin Tool:
- First, Download the latest Security update and Odin flash tool from the above-given link.
- After downloading, Unzip the latest Odin tool .zip file.
- Now Run Odin3 tool.exe file from the extracted files on your PC.
- Turn OFF your T-Mobile Galaxy S8 active to boot into Download Mode.
- Now turn on the device by the press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons until you see a download mode.
- Now Connect your Phone to PC using the USB Cables.
- When you connect the USB cable you will see a blue sign in Odin.
- Select the firmware files that you want to flash on your T-Mobile Galaxy S8 active.
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked – Go to Option and see (Let the Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time be ticked)
- Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
- Once you see PASS then you can remove your Phone from the part. Don’t Panic if you see your Phone restarts while updating.
Done! You have successfully flash the Android 9.0 Pie update on your T-Mobile Galaxy S8 active phone.