Good news for all the users of Samsung Galaxy A8 Plus. Recently Samsung started rolling out the latest August 2019 security patch for Galaxy A8 Plus (SM-A730F) in the South Asian region. The most recent update comes with lots of new features, customizations and bug fixes. The August 2019 security update comes with build id number A730FXXS6CSH6 and it is based on Android 9.0 Pie OS. Samsung rolling out the latest update via OTA and currently available in the South Asian region, soon reaches all over the world. Today in this article we come with a detailed guide on how to download and install the August 2019 security patch for Samsung Galaxy A8 Plus smartphone.
The August 2019 security patch:
The August 2019 security patch brings better security and privacy protection, improvements, stability, enhanced system performance and so on. The new update is a stable build and smoothly run on your device. Samsung released the update via OTA (over-the-air), which means not all users, can get the update at the same time. If you yet not receive any notification of the latest security patch and you are excited and can’t wait for more, then you can still update your device manually by using the Odin tool. The Odin flash tool is a tool which is a firmware flashing software developed by Samsung. With the help of this tool, users can flash official stock firmware on any Samsung devices.
If you wish to get the best of your device then keep updated your Android devices to the latest official stock firmware and also regularly check for software updates. The August 2019 security update fixes all the bugs, enhanced features and so on. Not necessary but it is better to take the full backup of all your valuable data before proceeding. If you want to download and install the August 2019 security patch on Galaxy A8 Plus, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
Infinityclub.org will not be held responsible for bricking/damaging or any kind of problem that occurred to your Android Device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Android phone. How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- Take a Nandroid backup of all your Phone data
- Download and Install USB Drivers on your PC (USB Drivers)
Check for Software Update:
- Connect your device with a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network).
- Navigate to the Android app drawer and tap on Settings.
- Next, locate About Device and tap on it.
- Choose Software Update from About Device.
- Tap on Update option.
- If the update is available then you can see an update, press OK to download and install.
- Once the download completes, your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
Instructions To Install August 2019 Security Patch For Galaxy A8 Plus Using Odin Tool:
- First, Download the latest Security update and Odin flash tool from the above-given link.
- After downloading, Unzip the latest Odin tool .zip file
- Now Run Odin3 tool.exe file from the extracted files on your PC.
- Turn OFF your Galaxy A8 Plus in order to boot into Download Mode.
- Now turn on the device by the press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons until you see a download mode.
- Now Connect your Phone to PC using the USB Cables
- When you connect the USB cable you will see a blue sign in Odin
- Select the firmware files that you want to flash on your Galaxy A8 Plus.
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked – Go to Option and see (Let the Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time be ticked)
- Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
- Once you see PASS then you can remove your Phone from the part. Don’t Panic if you see your Phone restarts while updating.
Done! You have successfully flash the August 2019 security update on your Galaxy A8 Plus phone.