Motorola started rolling out the latest official security update which is December 2019 security patch for Moto G6. Nowadays Motorola becomes the most used company in the Android market. Because it is releasing the software updates and security patches very timely for their latest devices. Recently the company started rolling out the latest official software firmware for Moto G6. The most recent update comes with build id number PDSS29.118-15-11-5 along with December 2019 security patch. So if you are the users of Moto G6 smartphone then now the time to upgrade your device to the latest official security update.
Here in this article, we share a simple and easy step by step guide on how to download and install December 2019 security patch for Moto G6. This security update brings lots of bug fixes that you facing before. Also, the update enhanced your system stability, increase speed, many improvements and so on. The size of the latest official update is about 1.5 GB. Motorola is rolling out the December 2019 security patch via OTA, so not all users can get the update at the same time. If you yet not receive the update then you first check manually by going to phone setting > about phone > software update.
If you find any new software firmware with build id number PDSS29.118-15-11-5 then download and install it. Otherwise, you can install it manually by following our given below guide. Given below we share the direct link of the OTA file, you can download from this link and install it on your device. We are advising you to take the proper backup of all your phone’s important data before proceeding. If you wish to download and install the December 2019 security patch for Moto G6 official firmware then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
Infinityclub.org will not be held responsible for bricking/damaging or any kind of problem that occurred to your Android Device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Android phone. How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- Take a Nandroid backup of all your Phone data
- Download and Install USB Drivers on your PC (USB Drivers)
Instructions To Flash December 2019 Security Patch For Moto G6:
- First, download the official security update from the above link and download it on your PC / Laptop.
- Connect your Moto G6 with the PC using its USB data cable.
- Now transfer the firmware update file to the root folder of your SD card on the device.
- Disconnect the device now and turn it OFF in order to boot into recovery mode.
- Wait a few seconds and then press and hold the Power + Volume Down + Home buttons altogether for about 3-4 seconds and then release the buttons. A boot menu will be displayed on the Moto G6. Then scroll down on “Recovery” and select by pressing on Volume Up.
- While the Moto G6 is now in the recovery mode, select “Apply Update from SD card” and follow on-screen prompts to proceed.
- Once the installation is successfully finished, select “Reboot system now” from the main menu of recovery.Done! You’ve successfully updated your Moto G6 to the latest December 2019 security update.