Samsung started rolling out the December 2019 security patch for Galaxy Tab A 10.5. We all know that Samsung is very conscious of the software update. Samsung always releasing software updates and security patches very timely. So with the start December 2019 month, after some days Samsung started rolling out the OTA update for users. The most recent update is rolling out via OTA and currently available in the European region. The latest update comes with build id number T590XXU3BSK2 along with December 2019 security patch. This security update fixes most of the bugs, added some new features, and brings improvements and much more.
By following our step by step guide you can easily download and install the December 2019 security patch for Galaxy Tab A 10.5. The latest update is still based on the Android 9.0 Pie OS. This is an incremental update that brings the latest security update and some improvements. After installing the update your device will be run smoothly, enhanced system stability, enhanced battery timing and much more. Samsung started rolling out the new update via OTA (over-the-air) in region wise. So not all users can get the update at the same time. If you are not in a region and still yet not received the latest official security update and excited to upgrade your device.
December 2019 Update:
Still, you can flash this official security patch on your device by using the Odin tool. Given below we share the direct link of the OTA file, from that you can download and install it on your device. We are strongly recommended you to keep updated your Android phone to the latest official firmware. If you are interested in downloading and installing the December 2019 security patch for Galaxy Tab A 10.5, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
Infinityclub.org will not be held responsible for bricking/damaging or any kind of problem that occurred to your Android Device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Android phone. How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- Take a Nandroid backup of all your Phone data
- Download and Install USB Drivers on your PC (USB Drivers)
Check for Software Update:
- Connect your device with a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network).
- Navigate to the Android app drawer and tap on Settings.
- Next, locate About Device and tap on it.
- Choose Software Update from About Device.
- Tap on Update option.
- If the update is available then you can see an update, press OK to download and install.
- Once the download completes, your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
Instructions To Install December 2019 Security Patch For Galaxy Tab A 10.5 Using Odin Tool:
- First, Download the latest Security update and Odin flash tool from the above-given link.
- After downloading, Unzip the latest Odin tool .zip file
- Now Run Odin3 tool.exe file from the extracted files on your PC.
- Turn OFF your Galaxy Tab A 10.5 in order to boot into Download Mode.
- Now turn on the device by the press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons until you see a download mode.
- Now Connect your Phone to PC using the USB Cables
- When you connect the USB cable you will see a blue sign in Odin
- Select the firmware files that you want to flash on your Galaxy Tab A 10.5.
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked – Go to Option and see (Let the Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time be ticked)
- Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
- Once you see PASS then you can remove your Phone from the part. Don’t Panic if you see your Phone restarts while updating.
Done! You have successfully flash the December 2019 security update on your Galaxy Tab A 10.5 phone.