Today we have great news, now you can download and install Android 10 on Samsung Tab A 10.1. In this blog, we come with the unofficial build of Lineage OS 17 android custom ROM. The Samsung Tab A 10.1 is a three years old device that is not going to receive the Android Pie update officially. There is no news for releasing Android 10 officially for the Samsung Tab A 10.1. So if you are the owner of this great phone and wish to enjoy all the features of Android 10, then the only way is, to use the custom firmware.
The Lineage OS 17 build is the latest custom ROM based on Android 10 for Samsung Tab A 10.1. All thanks to the Lineage OS team to build and share this amazing ROM. The Lineage OS 17 ROM comes with tons of new features, customizations, and many improvements. The ROM is an unofficial build so you may face some bugs or errors such as RIL (Radio Interface Layer) not works properly. Also, there might be some connectivity errors, but overall the ROM is a stable build and you can use it as a daily driver.
Android 10 ROM:
The Android 10 ROM is packed with all the official features such as original gesture navigation, improved privacy, enhanced app permissions, system-wide dark mode and much more. Above all, the custom ROM is the customization form of official stock firmware. So after installing this amazing and latest custom ROM, you can get the experience and enjoy all the official features and customizations of Android 10 OS. In order to install the unofficial Lineage OS 17 custom ROM, your device should have unlocked bootloader and the latest TWRP custom recovery already installed on your device. Now proceed to download and install the Android 10 OS on Samsung Tab A 10.1 and follow the given instructions.
Infinityclub.org is not responsible for bricking/damaging or any kind of problem that occurred to your Android Device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Android phone. How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- Take a Nandroid backup of all your Phone data
- Download and Install USB Drivers on your PC (USB Drivers)
- The Samsung Tab A 10.1 should be rooted in the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- The bootloader of your Samsung Tab A 10.1 must be unlocked
- Make sure that the battery level of the Samsung Tab A 10.1 is at least 80% before going ahead
Instructions To Flash Lineage OS 17 Android 10 On Samsung Tab A 10.1 Custom ROM:
- First of all, download the Lineage OS 17 ROM from the above link.
- Plug your device to the PC using its USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage.
- Now transfer the Android 10 .zip file to the root folder of your SD card on the phone.
- Switch the device off. Now turn on the device and simply take a long press and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time to enter into Recovery Mode.
- Now you are in the recovery mode and you can perform wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe Dalvik cache.
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Lineage OS 17 zip file from your SD Card.[How to flash Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Once the installation is completed. From Recovery Menu, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
Done! You have successfully installed the Lineage OS 17 Android 10 custom ROM.