ABD Sideloading can help you update your Android device manually with the latest OTA update. Here in this blog, we have shared a guide on how to flash OTA update on Android phone using ADB Sideload Method and Stock Recovery. Almost all the manufacturers and developers of smartphone releasing the software update via OTA (Over-the-air). So we all know that this OTA update is only for selected users. It is currently rolled out for limited numbers of users or some certain region and then gradually reaches all over the world. But it takes some time to reach all the regions.
If you are an advanced user and excited to install the latest OTA update as soon as possible. You can still install it manually by using the ADB Sideload and Stock Recovery method. You can get the correct firmware update .zip file from several developer forums like XDA, Android Central, OnePlus and other device-based forums. Some users, who already receive the OTA update and tend to capture the OTA update zip file and share it with forums and other social groups. So in that case, first you have the update.zip file, then you can install it manually by using the ADB Sideload and Stock Recovery.
OTA update on Android Phone Using ADB Sideload and Stock Recovery:
By following our guide you can quickly install the OTA update on Android phone using ADB Sideload and Stock Recovery. In order to install the OTA update via ABD sideload, there is no need to unlock the bootloader of your phone. Also, sideloading doesn’t wipe the data stored on your device. If you wish to install an OTA update on Android phone using the ADB Sideload Method and Stock Recovery. First, you’ve to download the correct OTA update .zip file then follow the instructions given below.
Infinityclub.org is not responsible for bricking/damaging or any kind of problem that occurred to your Android Device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Android phone. How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- Take a Nandroid backup of all your Phone data
- Download and Install USB Drivers on your PC (USB Drivers)
- Make sure you have the stock recovery.
- Make sure that your device has at least 60 to 70% battery left before proceeding.
Instructions To Flash OTA Update using Stock Recovery:
- First of all, download the OTA update .zip file and transfer it to your Android device’s internal storage.
- Now, boot your device into Recovery Mode. To do this, Power OFF your device and hold down the Power OFF + Volume Down key simultaneously for 2-3sec.
- After entering in the Recovery menu, you can use the Volume buttons to move up and down and select the Recovery option from the menu by pressing the Power OFF button.
- Select the option “Apply update” or “Apply update from phone storage”.
- Navigate to select the OTA .zip file that you have already transferred in Step 1. Install it.
Once the installation is finished, select reboot from the main menu of Recovery.
Instructions To Flash OTA Update using ADB Sideload Method:
- Download the OTA zip package for your Android device.
- Copy the downloaded package to the folder where the ADB and Fastboot binaries are present.
- Hold the SHIFT key on the keyboard and right-click on an empty space inside the same folder.
- Now, select the ‘Open PowerShell window here’ option.
- Connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable.
- Now enter the following command to boot your Android device into stock recovery:
adb reboot recovery
- In the stock recovery, use the Volume buttons to select the ‘Apply update from ADB‘ option.
- Press the Power button to confirm the selection.
- Now, enter the following command to install the OTA update package on your Android device:
adb sideload ota.zip
- Make sure to replace “ota.zip” with the actual filename of the OTA update package.
- Once the installation is complete, select the ‘Reboot system now‘ option.
Done! You have successfully installed the OTA update on your Android phone using the Sideload method.