Nowadays OnePlus is very busy releasing the OTA updates and security patches for its variants. Recently the OnePlus rolled out the OxygenOS 10.5.8 and OxygenOS 10.5.10 based on May 2020 security patch for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. The company already released the May 2020 security patch for OnePlus 6 and the OnePlus 7 series. Now the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro started getting the latest official update. Now you can upgrade your device to the latest May 2020 security patch. The OxygenOS 10.5.8 and OxygenOS 10.5.10 official update is a major update that brings lots of customization options, improvements, many bug fixes, and much more.
Here in this article, we come with a simple and easy step by step guide on how to download and install the May 2020 security patch for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. The OnePlus has launched these both devices early this year and recently both devices upgraded to the stable Android 10 official update. This latest update is improving your device touch input, increase battery performance; enhance system stability, and so on. Also, the update added some new features such as new auto ultra-wide-angle lens feature, improve the picture quality of edges, video codec to reduce video storage size, and much more.
Given below we share the official changelog of OxygenOS 10.5.8 and OxygenOS 10.5.10 May 2020 security update. OnePlus started rolling out the update via OTA and it may take some time to reach in all regions. If you are excited and can’t wait for the OTA update, then you can download and install this latest OTA update form given direct link. We highly recommend you to keep updated your Android devices to the latest official stock firmware. If you are interested in downloading and installing the May 2020 security patch for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
Here Is complete changelog for stable updates OxygenOS 10.5.8/ 10.5.10 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro:
- Optimized the touch and interaction experience
- Optimized the expanded screenshot user experience for some scenes
- Optimized the power consumption performance of the system, the battery life extended to be longer than ever
- Optimized the wireless charging stability, providing better user experience (OnePlus 8 Pro only)
- Optimized the pocket mode to reduce mistouches
- Optimized the unlocking animation, making the unlock transition smoother
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.05
- Updated GMS package to 2020.03
- Added the “Delete” button in the notification bar of incoming messages
- Added keyword whitelist option in SMS blocking settings, the messages with the specified keywords will not be blocked
- Newly added H.265 HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, capture and shoot more without compromising on quality
- Added auto ultra-wide-angle lens feature when shooting at close range to improve the picture quality of edges (OnePlus 8 Pro only)
- Optimized the click animation for the camera shutter, boosting the smoothness of the photo-taking experience
- Improved the shooting experience with the camera and improved stability
- Network improvements for Europe Operators implemented (EU builds only)
- Improved the stability of communication
- Improved the performance and stability of Wi-Fi transfers
- Optimized network latency for online games and improved the smoothness
- Added Epic Games in Game Space. With one-step installation, check out Fortnite and many other Epic Games, all from Game Space (Indian builds only)
Infinityclub.org is not responsible for bricking/damaging or any kind of problem that occurred to your Android Device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Android phone. How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- Take a Nandroid backup of all your Phone data
- Download and Install USB Drivers on your PC (USB Drivers)
- The OnePlus8 and 8 Pro should be rooted in the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- The bootloader of your OnePlus8 and 8 Pro must be unlocked
- Make sure that the battery level of the OnePlus8 and 8 Pro is at least 80% before going ahead.
Download OxygenOS 10.5.8/ 10.5.10:
- OnePlus 8
- OnePlus 8 Pro
How to Install May 2020 Security Patch For OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro Official Firmware:
1: First, download the May 2020 security patch official file on the desktop of your PC.
2: Now, setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
3: Connect your OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro to your PC/laptop.
4: Now, Open the folder where you have placed the downloaded OTA.zip file and open command windows within the folder.
5: Type the following command and hit Enter to reboot your phone into Recovery Mode.
adb reboot recovery
6: Select the “Install from USB” option in Recovery Mode.
7: Type the following command and hit Enter.
adb sideloaded ota.zip
9: The installation process will be initiated, so wait for the installation process to complete. Once the process is finished, select reboot from the main Recovery Menu.
Done! You have successfully installed the May 2020 security patch for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro.