Here are the instructions on how to create and restore Nandroid backup on Android devices. If you are an Android advanced user and love to customize your device or doing some complicated things such as rooting, flashing a custom recovery, flash any custom ROM and so on. Before doing these tasks first take the complete backup of your Android phone. We highly recommended to all Android users to take the entire backup of your Android device before proceeding. Today in this blog we have shared the simple and easy step by step guide on how to create and restore Nandroid backup on Android devices.
What is a Nandroid Backup?
The Nandroid backup is basically a standard directory structure for backing up a mirror image of any Android phone. The Nandroid backup means you can take the complete backup of your phones such as apps, app data, messages, call logs, kernel, themes, device settings, and others. Also, the Nandroid backup includes saved passwords, OS, data, etc. If your phone gets soft brick while rooting or flashing the ROM or something goes wrong with your device. At that time you will need a Nandroid backup, it can be used to restore your device to an exact last working state.
There are different ways to create and restore Nandroid backup on Android device, here we will take the Nandroid backup of your phone using TWRP custom recovery. As we already know that Android is an open-source OS that can be easily customized. You can root your device, flash custom ROM; install TWRP custom recovery and so on.
The TWRP custom recovery is good but taking Nandroid backup of your phone is one of the best feature. If you wish to create and restore Nandroid backup on Android devices using TWRP custom recovery, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Android phone. How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- Download and Install USB Drivers on your PC. (USB Drivers)
Instructions To Create And Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices:
- First, boot your device into TWRP recovery mode.
- Now in the main menu, tap on the Backup option to enter the backup menu.
- Select the required partitions (Boot & System are musts).
- Now swipe right to take a nandroid backup.
- Done!! your backup is completed.
- Now If you want to restore the nandroid backup, go to restore option from the TWRP main menu.
- Choose partitions and swipe right to restore.
- After the restore is completed reboot your device.
Done! You have successfully created and restore the Nandroid backup of Android devices.