Samsung has started rolling out the latest October 2019 security update for the Galaxy J2 Core device. Most of the OEMs are releasing security patches for their devices to secure any kind of bugs and virus attack. Nowadays Samsung is very aggressive about software updates and Samsung is releasing software updates very quickly. Now, this is the time to update your Galaxy J2 Core device to the latest official firmware. Here in this article, we come with a step by step guide on how to download and install the October 2019 security update for the Galaxy J2 Core device.
The October 2019 security update is only for Android 8.1 Oreo OS. This security update patch for your device can fix some reported bugs; fix stability issues, and enhance system speed. The October 2019 security update comes with build id number J260GDDU4ASI2 along with the latest security patch which fixes vulnerabilities and improves system security. Samsung started rolling out the most recent update via OTA (Over-the-air), so it may take some time to reach globally. If you are excited to install this security patch as soon as possible and you can’t wait for the OTA update. You are at the right place for the solution.
October 2019 Security Update:
Still, you can install it manually by using the Odin tool. Odin is an official flashing tool that is used to flash official stock firmware on any Samsung device. With the help of the Odin flashing tool, you can easily flash your official stock firmware on your device without any problem. The latest official update is packed with some new features and customizations. If you wish to download and install the October 2019 security update for Galaxy J2 Core, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
Infinityclub.org will not be held responsible for bricking/damaging or any kind of problem that occurred to your Android Device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Android phone. How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- Take a Nandroid backup of all your Phone data
- Download and Install USB Drivers on your PC (USB Drivers)
Check for Software Update:
- Connect your device with a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network).
- Navigate to the Android app drawer and tap on Settings.
- Next, locate About Device and tap on it.
- Choose Software Update from About Device.
- Tap on Update option.
- If the update is available then you can see an update, press OK to download and install.
- Once the download completes, your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
Instructions To Install October 2019 Security Update For Galaxy J2 Core Using Odin Tool:
- First, Download the latest Security update and Odin flash tool from the above-given link.
- After downloading, Unzip the latest Odin tool .zip file
- Now Run Odin3 tool.exe file from the extracted files on your PC.
- Turn OFF your Galaxy J2 Core in order to boot into Download Mode.
- Now turn on the device by pressing and holding Home + Power + Volume Down buttons until you see a download mode.
- Now Connect your Phone to PC using USB cables
- When you connect the USB cable you will see a blue sign in Odin
- Select the firmware files that you want to flash on your Galaxy J2 Core
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked – Go to Option and see (Let the Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time be ticked)
- Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
- Once you see PASS then you can remove your Phone from the part. Don’t Panic if you see your Phone restarts while updating.
Done! You have successfully flashed the October 2019 security update on your Galaxy J2 Core phone.