The users of Xiaomi Mi 10 now can root Xiaomi Mi 10 with Magisk without flashing the TWRP custom recovery. Those users of Xiaomi Mi 10 who wish to customize their device beyond the limits and searching for a guide, then you are at the right place. The Xiaomi Mi 10 users will be glad to know that, now they can root Xiaomi Mi 10 with Magisk without installing TWRP custom recovery. The Xiaomi has launched its mid-range device with very great hardware, amazing design, latest Android OS.
The device is running on Android 10 OS out of the box. So if you are advance user and not satisfied with your OS and want to customize your device, then now you can root your device with Magisk. Rooting the Android phone gives the admin rights and you become the super users of your device. So after rooting your phone, you can flash different custom ROMs, make the system-level modification, install third-party apps which were not possible in official stock firmware.
Keep in mind that without installing the TWRP custom recovery you will not be able to root your Android device. Unfortunately, the company yet not released any official or unofficial TWRP custom recovery for Xiaomi Mi 10. But no need to worry about that, here in this article we come with a step by step guide on how to root Xiaomi Mi 10 with Magisk without flashing the TWRP custom recovery. The official stock firmware is good but after rooting, you can modify your device as you wish.
Keep in mind that rooting the Xiaomi Mi 10 may void your phone warranty. Also, it wipes clean all your phone data. So take the proper backup of your device before proceeding. If you wish to root Xiaomi Mi 10 with Magisk without flashing the TWRP custom recovery, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
Infinityclub.org will not be held responsible for bricking/damaging or any kind of problem that occurred to your Android Device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Android phone. How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- Take a Nandroid backup of all your Phone data
- Download and Install USB Drivers on your PC (USB Drivers)
Steps To Root Xiaomi Mi 10 With Magisk:
Steps To Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk:
First of all, download and install the Xiaomi Mi 10 USB Driver to your PC.
Next, download stock firmware on your PC from the above link and extract it.
- Now copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage.
- Download the Magisk and Magisk manager on your phone.
- Open the Magisk and Select the INSTALL option and choose Install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your device boot image that you’ve moved earlier.
- Wait for a few seconds and the Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Instructions To Flash Patched Boot Image on Xiaomi Mi 10:
- First, move the magisk_patch.img file to the platform-tools folder.
- After moving the image to the Android SDK folder, connect Xiaomi Mi 10 to your PC via USB cable.
- Now launch a command prompt window from inside the platform-tools folder and type the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
4. After the bootloader screen appears on the screen of your Xiaomi Mi 10, type this command:
fastboot flash boot magisk_patch.img
5. After the Recovery flashing process completes, give the following command:
Now your device will now reboot to the rooted system.
Congrats! Your Xiaomi Mi 10 is now rooted, successfully. To confirm that either your Xiaomi Mi 10 is properly rooted or not, download and install the Root Checker app from the Play Store.