The all-new Lineage OS 17.1
The all-new Lineage 0S 17.1
Lineage OS is one of the most common custom ROMs that an Android user can install or use. Lineage OS is an open-source, free, and Android-based operating system. In the latter part of the year, the lineage OS 17.1 is expected to come to more devices. As Google recently announced the Android 10, developers have been gearing up and have already begun developing the Lineage OS 17.1 ROM for smartphones. In the basis of the Android 10 OS, Lineage OS 17.1 is supposed to pack some nice features as the Android Q itself has some exciting features we’re looking for to get our hands-on.
The latest program is filled with additional features such as a partial screenshot feature, the spiritual successor to the CyanogenMod Theme Engine, Lineage Recovery and several small improvements.
Typically, version numbers for Lineage OS correspond with version numbers for Android, so, oddly, Android 10 will translate to Lineage OS 17.1 that’s because it bases its version on the drop in the December Pixel function that introduced new code to AOSP’s Pixel 4 name.
The changes were so important that a large number of repos had to be rebased by the developers, so they decided to go ahead with 17.1. Besides other significant improvements in AOSP code from Android 9 to 10, that’s also one justification why it took so long for the project to launch the new Lineage OS.
What are the features of Lineage OS 17.1?
A new partial screenshot UI has been introduced allowing you to pick smaller parts of your screen and edit screenshots by hand. So, just feel free to go and give it a “take!”
After the deprecation of the CyanogenMod Theme Engine in CyanogenMod 13.0, many people have been waiting for news on the themes.
– The new ThemePicker software from AOSP has been updated to provide the variety of accents you’ve been used to with old old implementation, Styles.
-We also opted to allow font change support, icon shape (both QuickSettings and Launcher) and icon type changes (such as changing the Wi-Fi / Bluetooth icon type).
– Trebuchet has previously been able to conceal and secure apps from the Launcher with a passcode/password, but now you can even use your biometric sensor to authenticate!
– Security patches of October, November, December 2019 and January, February, March 2020 have been fused.
– Now, builds are based on the tag android-10.0.0 r31 which is the tag of the Pixel 4/4 XL.
- Wi-Fi Display is once again available.
- Support has been added for the on-screen fingerprint sensors (FOD).
- Support has been added for the pop-up and rotational cameras.
- AOSP keyboard has been updated to support Australian English, Latvian, Lithuanian, Dutch, Romanian, Slovenian, Serbian and Turkish spell checking.
- The emojis available on the AOSP keyboard has been upgraded to Emoji 12.0.
- Chromium 80.0.3987.132.has have been added to WebView.
Furthermore, Lineage Recovery has become the default custom ROM install solution — it will be designed for all devices that are officially supported. Since 2018 the TWRP solution has been in the works which will make access for both phones with and without A / B partitions easier.
Deprecation of Lineage OS 17.1.
- The Styles API was replaced by the ThemePicker app, as the feature parity between the two is now complete.
- The PrivacyGuard signature of Lineage OS has made way for the PermissionHub of AOSP, which is capable enough of all of the stuff Lineage OS’s solution was of.
- The extended desktop functionality was also discontinued as it clashed with the navigation gestures of Android 10. Additionally, porting the program proved difficult due to restructured AOSP code.
You may also like article about custom recovery using twrp for this follow the link.