Here is the guide on how to unlock bootloader on Google Pixel and Pixel XL variants. We are glad to report you that now users can unlock the bootloader of the first-generation Google Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones. The dePixel8 was released the way through that users can unlock bootloader on Google Pixel and Pixel XL variants. Unfortunately, Google has closed the loophole in a subsequent security update. But no need to worry about that, today in this article we come with another interesting bypass method which can be used to permanently unlock the bootloader on Google Pixel and Pixel XL devices.
We all are known that every smartphone comes with a locked bootloader, so both devices also came with lock bootloaders. If you are an advanced user and wish to customize your device beyond the limits, then you are on the right page. In the field of customizations unlocking the bootloader on Android phones is the main concern. By following our given below simple and easy step by step guide on how to unlock bootloader on Google Pixel and Pixel XL, you can easily unlock bootloader of your device. There are many advantages of unlocking the bootloader of the Android phones.
Once you have unlocked the bootloader, you will be able to root your device, flash the latest TWRP custom recovery, install different custom ROMS, take and restore Nandroid backup, and much more. Also, you can install third-party apps that are not possible in official stock firmware. Keep in mind that unlocking bootloader on Google Pixel and Pixel XL will wiped clean all your phone important data. So before proceeding take the full backup of all your phone data. If you are interested in unlocking bootloader on Google Pixel and Pixel XL, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
Infinityclub.org will not be held responsible for bricking/damaging or any kind of problem that occurred to your Android Device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Android phone. How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- Take a full backup of all your Phone data
- Download and Install USB Drivers on your PC. (USB Drivers)
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC. (For Windows) It will create an ADB & fastboot folder
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% before initiating the unlocking process to avoid unexpected shutdowns.
- December 2019 Android 10 firmware For Google Pixel
- December 2019 Android 10 firmware For Google Pixel XL
Steps to Bypass the Bootloader Unlock Restriction:
- On the phone, open Settings>System>Reset Options and factory reset the phone. It should say “Restarting” or something similar.
- When the screen goes black, press and holds the Volume Down key until you get into the Bootloader mode. Use the volume keys to navigate to “Recovery Mode” and select it with the power button.
- Hold the Volume Down key for about a minute (while it resets) until you see an android lying down graphic.
- Hold the Power button then press the Volume Up button once. It should give you a menu.
- Use the volume and power buttons to select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”.
- Once it finishes, select an option that says “Sideload OTA”.
- Connect your phone to your computer and type the following.
For Google Pixel:
adb sideload sailfish-ota-qp1a.191005.007.a3-394b5899.zip
For Google Pixel XL:
adb sideload marlin-ota-qp1a.191005.007.a3-23002a57.zip
- Then factory reset again from recovery mode.
- Reboot the system.
- While it just shows the G, press the power button until the phone restarts.
- Once it boots up, skip all of the steps but disable the options for sending information to Google.
- Enable Developer Options by tapping “Build Number” seven times.
- In Developer Options, enable USB Debugging.
- On your computer, run
adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.android.phone
- Reboot twice.
- Connect to Wi-Fi.
- Open google.com in Chrome.
- Check Developer Options to see if you can enable OEM unlocking.
- If you can’t, swipe away Settings from the Recents menu and go back to Chrome.
- In Chrome, open a bunch of websites. After opening each one, check the OEM Unlocking option again and close Settings afterward.
- Once you can enable it, do so! Now you can unlock the bootloader.
Instructions To Unlock Bootloader On Google Pixel And Pixel XL Using the Fastboot:
- First, Connect your Android phone to your PC with the USB cable.
- Now go to ADB & fastboot folder and then Right-click on the empty space inside the folder then select the “Open command window here” option to launch a command window.
- Reboot your Android phone into the bootloader by issuing the following commands. (Make sure your device is detected by your PC)
adb reboot bootloader
- Next, check the fastboot connectivity by giving the command. If your USB drivers are correctly installed then the device will be connected properly.
- Once in the bootloader, type the following fastboot command to unlock the bootloader. (Given below command will unlock your phone and wipe all data)
fastboot oem unlock
Done!!! Reboot the phone and boot your unlocked device. Use command:
- To check the bootloader status, that either the bootloader is unlocked successfully or not. Give the following command and it should return “True” on unlock status.
Done! You have successfully unlock bootloader on Google Pixel and Pixel XL.